Saturday, July 2, 2011

Gardens

Friday (the 23rd), we went gardening at the schools again. This time we went to Tagore Memorial Primary School and the Ba School for Special Education. Planting at Tagore was pretty quick because they had the ground all ready for us but at Ba Special we had to break up the dirt and everything. The kids helped us and were hard workers. There was one girl (I never learned her name) who had Down Syndrome who was so friendly with everyone. She kept coming up to me and giving me hugs and kissing my shirt. If only she had known how much sweat was soaked up in that shirt….

As a side note…it has been raining a lot recently and on Monday it was actually cold! I borrowed someone’s sweatshirt and had a blanket. I never thought I would get cold here (and so I didn’t pack anything to get warm). It’s one quick way to appreciate warm showers!

No comments:

Post a Comment