Saturday, June 25, 2011

Chaco Lines and Veilomani Boys Home

My main project so far has been working at the Veilomani Boys Home here in Ba. There are about 38 boys there (ages 13-20) who are all drop-outs. They come to school from 8:00-3:30 where they learn auto mechanics, beekeeping and the like. HELP International comes in and teaches English and math from 10:30-12:00 Monday – Wednesday. We’re not able to take pictures there so I don’t have any pictures to post. I’m taking on the project of developing a curriculum for them because they don’t have any curriculum whatsoever (at the moment we just teach whatever we want). We’ve split the “boys” up into two classes based on ability and I teach the lower level class Monday – Wednesday. I like it a lot, I have to say.

Anyway, I just thought I’d update a little bit on what I’m up to. I have officially gotten a chaco tan line from wearing my chacos every day. They’re the best. I love wearing socks but there is no way on this earth I could handle wearing socks here. A boy from the school also drew me this picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment