Thursday, June 2, 2011

One week from today!!

Well, I had my final check-out with HELP International this week so I've officially done everything they want me to do before I leave. I flew home from Provo today so I get to spend a little time in Vancouver before the big adventure. The next week will be spent stuffing my face, enjoying not being sweaty, driving around, taking hot showers, and sleeping in my own room! Oh, the luxuries.

I will also be doing a lot of last minute stuff and getting everything ready. On Saturday we're having a garage sale as one final fundraising effort. I've never had a garage sale before so I don't really know what to expect but I've decided to take Kristin's advice and have low expectations. That way, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Right?

I'd say my pre-trip feelings are pretty typical and what I expected. You know, moments of sheer panic when I wonder why in the world I signed up for this; moments of worrying about random things like if the shampoo I'm bringing is considered "sweet" smelling; moments of excitement, etc. Mostly, I'm ready to be done with the anticipation and just be there!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! The first week will be exhausting as you adjust to the time change, the heat and the routine. But then the time will fly by and you'll have a lot of fun and will look back on all your amazing pictures with great fondness.

    ReplyDelete