Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day One

Ok, so technically I won't get to Fiji until tomorrow morning but today is the start of the long expedition over there. I'll actually end up missing out on most of Friday, June 10th because it gets lost in the time change. The trip today consists of flying from Portland to Salt Lake, Salt Lake to Los Angeles, Los Angeles to Nadi, Fiji. My flight from L.A. to Fiji is about 11 hours long and then we have a glorious two hour bus ride to get to Ba. All in all I think it will end up being about 23 hours of traveling. Fun times. I arrive in Fiji at 5:11 am, so after already being up for an entire day, I get to be up for another one! I've never been able to sleep on planes but here's hoping today is a first.

Everything's all packed up and I'm ready to go for the most part. The garage sale was a success in that I exceeded the amount of money I wanted to earn; however, I don't think I will ever do another one. It was a lot more work than I was expecting and just a little too stressful to really be worth it.

I do have a mailing address if anyone feels so inclined to send me something.
P.O. Box 800
Ba
Fiji
And with an address like that, I'd say there's a one in a million chance it will actually get to me. If that.

Fiji here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment